- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 sandwiches
- 4 Focaccia buns
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- olive oil, for grill
SMOKEY CHIPOTLE AND SUNDRIED TOMATO MAYO
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobe
- 4-5 sundried tomatoes
- Add all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and process until smooth or a consistency that you prefer.
- Preheat panini press to high. Assemble the sandwiches first by smearing both inner sides with the chipotle mayo then layering on the fresh mozzarella cheese followed by the tomatoes and then the onion. Top off with the other side of focaccia.
- Brush down the panini press with olive oil to ensure that the panini does not stick. Grill the sandwiches for 7-8 minutes or until the sandwiches are crispy on top and melty on the inside.